Monday, August 6, 2007

ART MAJORS, SUE AND JANIE, GEORGIA STATE COLLEGE LATE 60'S

Sue was a delightful friend that dated one of my fraternity brothers. I always found Art and Drama majors to be interesting subjects and free spirits along with Psychology majors. Maybe it was my being a Psychology major, and my love of photography. What I noticed about her she was good company, and an excellent conversationalist where time would just pass and one would never know it.


Janie was another Art major and this picture as I recall took a full page in the yearbook at Georgia State. She was from up North and her dad was a judge. She was close to graduation, and told me she planned to tour Morocco and Europe. I was always fond of the timeless beauty of youth.

Over 37 years have passed and I never saw either Sue or Janie again.

However a couple of years later around 1971, I met a clothing manufacturer in NYC, who told me he went to Emory University. I asked him if he knew anyone from Georgia State ? He replied, "No, not really except for a lovely coed he traveled with around Europe and N. Africa". He also remembered the yearbook picture because Janie had showed it to him. He was slightly amazed as well that he met the photographer.

No comments: