Monday, August 6, 2007

RAY CRADDICK PHD GEORGIA STATE COLLEGE LATE 6O's



Ray Craddick PHd, sitting on the right,was by far my favorite Psychology professor at Ga State. His "Psychology of Personality" class was my favorite psych course ever. He taught how to think, associate and compare, and was extremely knowledgeable when it came to personality theorists. He could easily communicate personality theorists and their nuances from Eysenk to Leary.

I remember I wrote a paper on the "Bagel of Traits" and earned an A. When I took the Advanced GRE in Psychology, I scored 95th percentile.

I always remembered him and I made an effort to stay in touch, and we corresponded by e-mail.

I recently e-mailed him one of my poems, and received the following reply:

"Shel, I continue to be amazed and delighted in the wide range of your
interests,knowledge, experience and readings.Your poem is a many
sided expression of you, and filled with wonderful metaphors.

It certainly speaks of your wide ranging talents, whimsicalness,
thoughtfulness, and philosophical and scientific mind. What a
delight you must be to your grandchildren. "

This made my day. I could always talk to him after class, and I learned so much from his courses. He trained quite a few excellent therapists.

Another professor, I liked was Arthur Cohen, Phd, who taught the "Group Dynamics" course.

We really came to appreciate the concept of ideology. His courses were also a lot of fun. These were outstanding educators who I will always appreciate and remember. There was also something nice about fellow psychology majors as well.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ray Craddick was my mentor at GSU from 1978/1983. He taught me the Rorschach in 1970 and modeled a fine humanity. Here I am now in 2016 and I have administered 2500 Rorschachs.

Unknown said...

Shalom; My favorite mentor and friend was Ray Craddick. I would love to be in touch with him and also to order another Kahn Test of Symbol Arrangement,
which i've using for 35 years, Can you provide any information on how to purchase a new one or to be in touch with Ray?
It wd be much appreciated